Wednesday 14 December 2011

Little Morran

As many of you know, I made a sketch of a pup name Morran for Camilla Engman's The Morran Book Project.


While working on my own contribution, I got to know Morran through the eyes of Camilla while browsing through the photos of her little pup and I started to feel acquainted with Morran while working on her inpsired sketch that I was overwhelmed with sadness upon Camilla's sad announcment of Morran's departure.


Despite the grief, the book project was completed and there were too many contributions for this project that Camilla decided to make two books, one of which includes the jurry's selection of 77 sketch and illustration and the second will include all the 236 contributions. I was honored to have my sketch of little Morran included in both books.
You can browse through the book pages here, and you can purchase the book here.
Also worthy of mentioning that all the book's profit will go to WSPA - World Society for the Protection of Animals - Sweden (WSPA international).
Terri Windling also listed my sketch along with information about the project on her Friday Recommendation post.


This is the first time to have a mention of my work and the first time to have my work published, it sure is exciting and I'm grateful and thankful to Terri, Camilla....


And to you too Morran!

4 comments:

  1. Hussam, thank you for participating! My husband has your Morran picture as his favorite in the whole book :)

    (all pictures are my favorites)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear of Morran's passing. The book is a wonderful tribute to a beloved companion. It's so great that you were able to participate in this project Hussam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I saw that your drawing had been included in this beautiful book, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have my copy and I love your picture.

    ReplyDelete